Whatever type of mortgage you need:
At Senate Home we believe that arranging and finding the most suitable mortgages and protection should be easy, without comprising on the professionalism and advice that is required. We spend more time working with you, giving mortgage advice, for a comprehensive solution.
Looking to buy your dream home:
Getting your foot on the property ladder:
Switching mortgage for a better deal or a changing need:
Investing in property or refinancing your BTL:
The (simple) mortgage process:
- Crunch the numbers: Get an idea of how much you can afford each month.
- Find your next home: This could be your first or next. We suggest having a look on rightmove, zoopla and with local estate agents (If you are staying put and remortgaging you can skip this step.)
- Mortgage in Principle: Where we come in, we recommend, give mortgage advice and provide a mortgage offer from the info you provide, called a mortgage in principle. Sourced from over 120 lenders. This is an offer where some conditions need to be fulfilled, for it to become a full offer.
- Valuation: Your chosen lender normally has a panel of surveyors to choose from to value your new home. If it’s a basic valuation it will give the value of property and highlight any major defects. See how much it will cost.
- Conveyancing and solicitors: will complete the search on title and land registry as well as representing you.
- Mortgage offer time: if the supporting info and valuation have been met you will receive your full mortgage offer. Your conveyancer should advise you with the details.
- New home: money has been draw-down, contracts exchanged and you should have the keys to your new home or remortgaged with better terms.